Friday, October 1, 2010

Enterprise Center

This was our first presentation. We presented to many kids in the program called Young Entrepreneurs, which is run by The Enterprise Center in Philadelphia. Each kid was given a certain amount of money to start up their business and The Enterprise Center staff helped them start and run their businesses. I did my intro, which went well even though I was nervous because it was my first time doing it. My dad then went up and did the rest of the presentation. It went really well and I think most of the kids understood the presentation. One thing I noticed, which I found interesting, was that the adults in the room seemed REALLY interested in the presentation and were taking notes even though the program is geared towards high school aged kids. This really pointed out how important financial education is.  These adults are desperately looking for advice to get themselves out of their money troubles and if they had been taught about it as a young adult they could have avoided it. Overall it was a good first presentation and hopefully we will do many more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment